- Seiko - By far, this is the winner. You can find on Amazon a brand new Seiko 5 for $56. They are reliable watches and you simply cannot get better quality for this money.
- Orient - Plenty of models, good prices and decent movements. You can choose from sports or dressy designs and lately even military inspired. You can find nice and reliable models around $100.
- Tissot - Most of their automatic models are using 2824-2 ETA movement. This movement has everything you need: manual winding option, hacking, excellent accuracy and fine tuning adjustments. However, the price is much higher than on any other brand discussed here, you'll need to spend around $500.
- Citizen - Their automatic watches come with Miyota movements. You simply cannot go wrong with these movements, there are people reporting 15+ years without any service and still going well.
- Vostok - Vostok has the Amphibia line, which to some people may appear rugged and old, but personally I like these watches very much. 200 meters water resistance comes as standard, nice plexiglass and very original appearance.
Saturday, July 25, 2015
Top 5 automatic watches brands considering price and quality
After reading tons of online materials and testing over a hundred watches, I will summarize here a top of the best watches in terms of quality and price. Please be aware that the top will not include Chinese cheapies and it will not include snob watches.