Friday, September 14, 2007

Settlers 6

I just downloaded and played the demo. As an old fan of Serf City or Settlers 2, I was expecting a lot from this game. But instead I've got just another boring game. Nothing new, just bigger buildings and better graphics. But where is the creativity?? Where are the guys who invented Serfcity? I want some new ideas from these games, you cannot go just like that to settlers 8,9, 100 by only improving the graphics and adding AOE elements. Have all the ideas in strategy games been used? Are we doomed to play only boring games? Is it worth investing so much work in these new games if they don't stand in time?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of Settlers and am thinking about getting S6. The only question I have is, are the characters still cutesy and comic-like looking or do they look more "real?"